2017 COMPOSITION CONTEST
Enter by Feb 15, 2017
- US $1500 cash
- Performance by Left Coast Chamber Ensemble during the 2017-2018 concert season
- Recording of the live performance
Composers of all ages and nationalities may apply.
Select any combination of the following instrumentation for 1-7 players.
- 1 Voice (Soprano or Tenor)
- 1 Flute (doubling Alto Flute and/or Piccolo)
- 2 Oboes (one doubling English Horn)
- 1 Clarinet (doubling B flat, A, E flat, and/or Bass Cl.)
- 1 Piano
- 1 Percussion
- 2 Violins
- 2 Violas
- 2 Cellos
- 1 Double Bass
- 1 Guitar
Length: 5-20 minutes
Score: Each composer must submit a legible score of professional quality. No marks identifying the composer must appear anywhere on the score.
Format: Live recordings are preferred. MIDI realizations are acceptable.
Preparing your score: Label your score(s) with a pseudonym (don't use your real name on your score).
Number of entries: Composers may submit as many works as they like, each one accompanied by an entry fee and a separate application.
Payment: The entry fee is $16 for each composition.
You may not enter the contest if any of these conditions apply:
- The submitted work must not have been professionally recorded for commercial CD release.
- Musicians, board members, and composers already affiliated with the Left Coast Chamber Ensemble may not enter the competition; likewise, their spouses, domestic partners and relatives may not enter the competition.
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2017
For further information or questions, contact us by e-mail at Info@LeftCoastEnsemble.org
Winner will be announced in May 2017.
photo (cello): Jeanette Yu