2016 COMPOSITION CONTEST
- US $1500 cash
- Performance by Left Coast Chamber Ensemble during the 2016-2017 concert season
- Recording of the live performance
Composers of all ages and nationalities may apply.
Select any combination of the following instrumentation for 1-7 players.
- 1 Male Voice (Tenor)
- 1 Flute (doubling Alto Flute and/or Piccolo)
- 2 Oboes (one doubling English Horn)
- 1 Clarinet (doubling B flat, A, E flat, and/or Bass Cl.)
- 1 Piano (or Harpsichord)
- 2 Violins
- 2 Violas
- 2 Cellos
- 1 Double Bass
- 1 Guitar
Length: 5-20 minutes
Score: Each composer must submit a legible score of professional quality. No marks identifying the composer must appear anywhere on the score.
Format: Tapes or CDs preferred. MIDI realizations are acceptable. Sorry, we cannot accept scores electronically.
Preparing your score: Label your score(s) with a pseudonym (don't use your real name on your score) and put it in an envelope. Use a separate, smaller envelope for your name, address, telephone number, email address, title of the work and Google payment receipt. Include the smaller envelope in the envelope with your score. You may send several scores in one envelope using a different pseudonym for each work.
Returning your score: If you would like your score and recording returned, enclose a self-addressed envelope with the correct US postage.
Number of entries: Composers may submit as many works as they like, each one accompanied by an entry fee.
Payment: Pay by credit card with the "Add to Cart" button at the top of this page. The entry fee is $16 for each composition. Print your payment receipt and include a copy in the smaller envelope with your entry. Contact us at Info@LeftCoastEnsemble.org if you are unable to pay by credit card.
You may not enter the contest if any of these conditions apply:
- The submitted work must not have been professionally recorded for commercial CD release.
- Musicians, board members, and composers already affiliated with the Left Coast Chamber Ensemble and Chamber Music Partnership may not enter the competition; likewise, their spouses, domestic partners and relatives may not enter the competition.
DEADLINE: Postmarked by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2016
Winner will be announced late April 2016.
DO NOT SEND MATERIALS BY REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED MAIL, OR ANY MAIL SERVICE THAT REQUIRES A SIGNATURE. (We will not accept them, and they will be returned to you.)
Mail your entries to:
W. D. Schieber
Attn: LCCE competition manager
17 Senior Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94708
For further information or questions, contact us by e-mail at Info@LeftCoastEnsemble.org Good luck!
photos: Jeanette Yu